Try 1 month for 99¢
Public record

Fire Department report 

Jan. 9-10

Fire calls

9:08 p.m., 4503 19th Street Apt. C1; overheated heater element.

On Wednesday night, the Columbus Fire Department got called to look at what reportedly was a possible fire at Pinnacle Apartments.

Susie Chavez, her husband and son have lived in the complex for the past 12 years and said recently they were experiencing some issues with the heating system. She said the smoke detectors started going off and there was a burning smell in one of the rooms, but no smoke was seen. She then called the fire department and waited with her family in her car as they inspected the unit.

Columbus Fire Lt. Dan Janicek gave the family the all clear to go back inside. He said it looks like there was a problem with the furnace. There was no damage to the apartment and the family was advised not to turn the heater back on until it was inspected.

Rescue calls

1:10 p.m., 3900 block of Barrington Place; sick.

6:15 p.m., 3900 block of 27th Street; sick.

11:39 p.m., 1100 block of 24th Avenue; sick.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
0

Load comments