Editor's note: This article originally appeared in the July 9, 2020 publication of The Columbus Telegram.
LINCOLN – The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission has announced the continued reopening of several facilities, activities and amenities in state park and recreation areas across the state.
• Most Nebraska state park swimming pools, aquatic centers and the Platte River State Park spray park. Pools will open with limited hours and operate at reduced capacity. Hours of operation can be found at OutdoorNebraska.org. The swimming pool at Niobrara State Park will remain closed. The floating playground at Louisville State Recreation Area will open later.
• Select state park area service centers are open for customer service, information and permit sales.
• Paddleboats at Mahoney and Platte River state parks are open, as well as the Owen Marina concessions and miniature golf at Mahoney.
• The Nebraska Game and Parks Outdoor Education Center in Lincoln, The Wildcat Hills Shooting Range and the archery range in the Eric Wiebe Shooting Complex at Ponca State Park continue to be open.
• The Wildcat Hills Nature Center, Schramm Education Center, Water Interpretive Center at Lake McConaughy, and Missouri National Recreational River Interpretive Center at Ponca State Park are open.
• State historical park interpretive centers also reopened. While the historical parks will be open some facilities may remain closed, including the Buffalo Bill Ranch house, Bowring Ranch house, and Fort Hartsuff visitors’ center.
A list of all services opening on July 6 can be found at OutdoorNebraska.gov/healthinfo.
Visitors to offices, interpretive centers, education centers, nature centers and indoor events are temporarily required to wear a face mask.
For more information, or to purchase a park entry permit, go to OutdoorNebraska.org.
Be the first to know
Get local news delivered to your inbox!